Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 10 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:57 pm 
Tuff Burner

Just thought i would share the whole collection i once had up until beginning of 2008. Some of the bikes were updated after i took the pictures, like Maxy cross pedals on the team special and super and supertuffs - but there were no NOS available until after i took the pics, i did replace them.

Looking back, i'm proud of what i did, regret selling some of them, not all of them. I still have half the collection, and will build it back up a little, but not like before.

I'm not putting this up to show off, its just nice to see them all in one place.

[img]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:40 am 

theres some serious bits of kit there buddy ......dedication

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:45 pm 
Mini Burner

thats some collection, great.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:21 pm 

great looking bikes. any left for sale

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:33 pm 
Mini Burner

oh Julian, I am new to the forum but have a lifetime love of BMX and Burners in particular, I am useless on computers, more agricultural than apple mac, but I did post on the forum looking to say a simple thanks for posting the photos, I was amazed at the collection and thrilled to see someone had done what I am sure Millions have dreamt of doing but never did.

My bikes are the anniversary models, in the day the best I could manage was a Raleigh g*****r with Acorn freestyle wheels in white ( I still have them ) but I saw your bikes and couldn't believe it, you had skyways with the alloy hub !!, so I went looking and found the anniversary 50 edition wheels and as I write two sets are winging there way to me to swap into my bikes to look more original.

Aero Zytec Wheels are in a few of your bikes also, I haven't started looking for those yet !!!! Skyway were always the dream for me, even back in the day I had to travel with my much nagged parents to Northern Ireland to get the acorn rims.

The one pity in recent years was the loss of my full BMX action bike magazine collection in a fire at my parents house, but in truth at the time I was just glad to have my parents !!!

Anyway hope this post finds you well and thanks for the photos / collection etc its EPIC.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:35 pm 
Cromo Burner

johnmcg wrote:
oh Julian, I am new to the forum but have a lifetime love of BMX and Burners in particular, I am useless on computers, more agricultural than apple mac, but I did post on the forum looking to say a simple thanks for posting the photos, I was amazed at the collection and thrilled to see someone had done what I am sure Millions have dreamt of doing but never did.

My bikes are the anniversary models, in the day the best I could manage was a Raleigh g*****r with Acorn freestyle wheels in white ( I still have them ) but I saw your bikes and couldn't believe it, you had skyways with the alloy hub !!, so I went looking and found the anniversary 50 edition wheels and as I write two sets are winging there way to me to swap into my bikes to look more original.

Aero Zytec Wheels are in a few of your bikes also, I haven't started looking for those yet !!!! Skyway were always the dream for me, even back in the day I had to travel with my much nagged parents to Northern Ireland to get the acorn rims.

The one pity in recent years was the loss of my full BMX action bike magazine collection in a fire at my parents house, but in truth at the time I was just glad to have my parents !!!

Anyway hope this post finds you well and thanks for the photos / collection etc its EPIC.

Northern Ireland?

where are you based man?

Jack

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:30 pm 
Mini Burner

Galway is home, Back in the day it was quiet the trip to Enniskillen, McNulties bicycle shop on the bridge, I actually bought motorbikes off Brian years and years later, but I always respected the effort he went to to get me sorted. Raleigh Burners were everywhere but to get bits as with today was near impossible.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:32 pm 
Cromo Burner

johnmcg wrote:
Galway is home, Back in the day it was quiet the trip to Enniskillen, McNulties bicycle shop on the bridge, I actually bought motorbikes off Brian years and years later, but I always respected the effort he went to to get me sorted. Raleigh Burners were everywhere but to get bits as with today was near impossible.

If you're on facebook there's a group called Old school bmx ireland, there's rideouts and meets and stuff

Jack

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:35 pm 
Mini Burner

thanks Jack, I'm not on Facebook but I will ask my daughter to give me a look !!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:31 pm 

What a collection! Color me impressed. Thanks for sharing the pics with us J.T.

Profile E-mail  

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 10 posts ]